In its second year after a successful debut in 2017, Decoupled Drupal Days (D3) is a conference for architects, developers, and businesspeople involved in implementing decoupled Drupal architectures. The 2018 edition is scheduled for August 17–19, 2018 in New York City.
The mission of Decoupled Drupal Days, beyond helping attendees engage and connect with people sharing their interests, is threefold:
- Discuss difficult shared problems in discussions. We invite everyone to help identify and discuss shared issues in decoupling Drupal Drupal-backed front ends to gather in discussions to unblock progress in our respective communities.
- Build open-source projects in sprints. We collaborate with contributors and members of open-source projects across the Drupal ecosystem and outside of it to build other open-source projects in code sprints that tangibly benefit our communities.
The conference consists of three days:
- Friday, August 17: Opening remarks, keynote, and three tracks of sessions
- Saturday, August 18: Keynote, three tracks of sessions, and closing remarks
- Sunday, August 19: Code sprints and discussions
For the first time, Decoupled Drupal Days will introduce three separate tracks for sessions to occur in parallel:
- The Drupal track will cover the use of Drupal as a content service. Topics include Drupal web services, recommended architectures and frameworks, techniques, and the surrounding decoupled Drupal ecosystem (SDKs, API-first distributions, and libraries).
- The Future track will concern experimental approaches and emerging technologies making use of decoupled Drupal, such as augmented and virtual reality, conversational interfaces, and the Internet of Things (IoT).